Pattern Recognition Receptors Require N-Glycosylation to Mediate Plant Immunity
17 Oct 2019
- Protein N-glycosylation are support of correct folding and protection from degradation.
- Underglycosylation leads to protein being found in ER.
- N-glycan modifications occurring during passage through the Golgi apparatus are not essential for function of EFR and FLS2 PRR proteins.
- Tunicamycin causes severe underglycosylation, crippling ligand recognition.
- Even in the case of underglycosylation, protein folding is uninterrupted. However, ligand recognition is degraded.