Fungal Small RNAs Suppress Plant Immunity by Hijacking Host RNA Interference Pathways
10 Dec 2019
- B. cinerea produces various sRNA targeting plant gene.
- Bc-siR3.1, Bc-siR3.2, Bc-siR5 silences MPK1, MPK2, PRXIIF, WAK, MAPKKK4, related to plant immunity, during initial infection stage.
- Bc-sRNA requires binding to AGO1 to silence target gene.
- Plant RISC is disabled once Bc-sRNA binds to AGO1.
- B. cinerea virulence is reduced if it is unable to produce Bc-sRNA.
- B. cinerea injects sRNA effector to host cell to reduce immunity.